As municipal facilities focus on improving their environmental stewardship, SAF® offers many advantages:
- Water Reclamation – SAF® can help in attaining California Title 22 standards
- Lower Greenhouse Gas Emissions – Significantly lower power consumption than traditional Dissolved Air Flotation treatment technology
- Small footprint – Mobile, trailer and skid-mounted systems offer alternatives to fixed, concrete facilities. Significant reductions in equipment footprint, power consumption and demand for chemical conditioning greatly reduce environmental impacts.
MUNICIPAL APPLICATION DOWNLOADS
To learn more about our Municipal Applications, see our downloads and specification table below.
MUNICIPAL TREATMENT APPLICATIONS
- Treatment Objectives
- City of Fortuna Wastewater Treatment Plant, Fortuna California
- Waste Activated Sludge Thickening
- Filtrate Treatment
- Enhanced Primary Clarification
- Synagro (Contractor for Sacramento Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant),
- Digester Solids Treatment
- Heap’s Peak Landfill, Running Springs/San Bernardino Co. California
- Total Dissolved Solids/Calcium Removal from Landfill Leachate
- Graton Community Services District
- Algae Removal from Holding Pond effluent
- Water Reclamation
- California Title 22 Compliance
How Did It All Begin?
The first applications of SAF® were in the food processing industry because the company was located in California’s agricultural Central Valley and there was a need for treating wastewater from a variety of food processors. Since then installations have expanded to other industries that formerly relied on the traditional DAF approach. The Suspended Air® Flotation Process can be and is applied in any application where physical/chemical separation via flotation is a viable alternative.