SAF® System For Treatment Of Landfill Leachate
(Click image to enlarge)
A customer in the municipal solid waste industry needed a solid/liquid separation process as a component of a system solution for disposal of leachate water. At Heron Innovators, we specialize in Suspended Air® Flotation systems for wastewater applications, and were contracted to manufacture and install a skid-mounted system to remove flocculated solids prior to disposal in a drainfield.
The process incorporated lime softening to remove calcium, a major contributor to TDS, from the leachate wastestream, reducing TDS discharges by greater than 50%.
The turnkey assembly has a Model F25 froth generator and a Model CF125 ClearFloater™ flotation tank made from 304 stainless steel, structural supports made from A36 carbon steel, and piping fabricated from stainless steel and Schedule 80 PVC. We custom engineered and fabricated the system to meet the customer’s requirements for coordination with the piping and PLC process controls. The skid measures 16 ft. long x 8ft. wide x 9 ft. high. For product quality verification, we also performed functional and leak testing before and after skid placement at the customer’s site. For additional details about the project, see the table below or contact us directly.
SAF® SYSTEM FOR TREATMENT OF LANDFILL LEACHATE PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS
- Product Name
- Skid-mounted Model SAF125 Suspended Air® Flotation (SAF®) Treatment System
- Product Description
- Skid-mounted Model SAF125 Suspended Air® Flotation Treatment System. This SAF® Skid is used for landfill leachate treatment.
- System Capabilities and Services Provided
- Engineering design of process and components
- AutoCAD drawings
- In-house fabrication of mechanical and electrical equipment skid-mounted equipment.
- Fully integrated treatment system
- Custom fabricated welded stainless steel tanks and components
- Laboratory services supporting treatability study and proof of concept determinations.
- Turnkey installation and start-up support
- Operation and maintenance manual
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Skid-mounted: 16 ft. L x 8 ft. W x 9 ft. H
- Tightest Tolerances
- +/- 1/16 inch
- Material Used
- Froth generator and ClearFloater™: 304 stainless steel
Structural supports: A36 carbon steel
Piping: stainless steel and Sch 80 PVC
- Additional Facts
- Sole Source Procurement by public agency
Flow rate treated: 250 gpm
Components (pre-piped and pre-wired):
- Model F25 froth generator and metering pump
- Model CF125 ClearFloater™ flotation tank with agitated flocculation chamber, chain and flight skimmer, and clarified effluent working tank combined with the float cell as a single compact system
- Influent and effluent transfer pumps; effluent pump driven by level sensor monitoring treated water working tank
- Solids transfer pump
- Polymer mixing system and metering pump
- Day tanks for storing polymer and frothing agent
- Magnetic flow meter
- Level transmitter
- Integrated with plant SCADA system
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Functional and leak testing before shipment.
Leak testing after skid placement on site.
- Installed and operating to expectations.
- Industry for Use
- Municipal Solid Waste
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 16 weeks
- Delivery Location
- Running Springs, California
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing