SAF® System Pilot Testing For
Water and Wastewater Applications
- 350 gpm self-priming Feed Pump with a VFD controller
- 4-inch magnetic Flow Meter
- pH control system with PID loops for acid and caustic feed
- Flow controlled outlets for coagulant feed and coagulation
- Serpentine-Style Floc Mixer
- Polymer dosing/flash mixing and aging system
- Working Tanks for conditioning chemistry
- Flotation Cell and SAF® Froth Generator
- Positive Displacement Skimmed Solids Pump
- In-house laboratory testing
- Jar tests for determining polymer and flocculent dosing rates and additions for pH control
- Analytical results developed to predict process performance and operating costs
- Pilot scale testing offered to verify process performance and operating costs derived from laboratory tests
- Trailer-mounted SAF® system equipped to handle flow rates ranging from 40 to 350 gpm with complete pH control, polymer dosing & aging, and a flotation tank offered for lease
Contained and fully integrated are:
- pH Control System with PID loops for acid and caustic feed
- controlled outlets for coagulant feed/coagulation
- polymer dosing/flash mixing/aging system supporting flocculation
- flotation separation of suspended solids and associated BOD/COD
- fully automated continuous operation including the starting/stopping system by remote signal/parameter.
- Primary influent clarification in place of primary clarifier
- Treatment of overflow pond return water containing algae/partially digested raw influent
- Clarification of activated sludge mixed liquor with concurrent thickening of MLSS.
- Digested sludge belt filter press filtrate and wash water clarification
System Capabilities and Services Provided
- Engineering design of process and components
- AutoCAD drawings for mechanical and electrical fabrication
- Provision and operation of pilot trailer
- Custom fabricated welded stainless steel tanks and components
Overall Part Dimensions
40 ft. L x 8 ft. W x 12 ft. 4 in. H
304 stainless steel, PVC, Polyurethane
7.5 HP, 250 gpm pump with 4-in. magnetic flow meter,
pH control system with acid and caustic PID Loops
Serpentine-Style Floc Mixer, 4″ diameter, Plug flow, 100′ long, schedule 80 PVC.
Model CF-125 ClearFloater™ Cross-Flow Flotation Cell with ClearMixer®, chain and flight skimmer, solids hopper, adjustable stainless steel weir, and observation decking.
Model F50 (13.6 gpm froth flow rating).
Polymer dilution and aging system; acid, caustic, polymer, and frothing agent metering pumps; float solids transfer pump; control panels
SAF® demonstrates over 30 times the capacity of a conventional primary clarifier. Algae removed from pond less than 0.5 NTU. MLSS thickens using less polymer and with greater solids capture.
Industry for Use
Industrial & Municipal Water and Wastewater